Sunday, December 7, 2014

Clara and the Nutcracker...my first stop motion animation ;)

Click link for Video



So here it is...my first stop motion animation.  Yesterday I made a collage of Clara and the Nutcracker in hopes of making nice image for a Christmas card. As it turned out, I couldn't commit to the position of Clara and the Nutcracker so I made a series of images.  Later when I flipped through the pictures quickly in Digital Lightroom, the idea of making a stop motion animation became obvious. Using imovie and garage band is quite foreign to me, so there was a steep learning curve.  It would have been easier if I had decided to use a prerecorded segment from the Nutcracker Suite, but I had to go the hard way and make up a little arrangement on the ukulele.  The music is a bit goofy but fun at the same time.  This little clip is short and sweet but actually took me a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment